“May the [Apron] Be with You”

I’ve wanted to make an apron for Blake for quite awhile – mainly to protect his clothes from dirt, paint, markers, and … icing (during cookie-making adventures with la mama). After looking online for a simple toddler apron pattern, I decided I could create my own … from scratch. With a few quick measurements from Blake (including what size pocket he’d like for all of his “tools”) I was ready to go.

Blake's measurements ...

I decided to go with a Star Wars theme, and to cover it with easy-wipe plastic for quick cleaning. I’m usually hesitant when it comes to sewing with plastic or vinyl because the stickiness of the fabric tends to jack up my sewing needles (in┬átechnical terms). However, this plastic (which I found in the remnant bin at Joann’s for about $1) was super thin so I decided to give it a go.

It's getting a little "Dexter" up in here ...

All in all, it went pretty smoothly. The plastic – and my pattern – were super easy to work with, and both are ideal for keeping Blake clean – or at least clean-able. Even better: he’s actually willing to wear it – not always the case when it comes to my stubborn 3-year-old.

Total cost: About 1.5 hours of time, and $9. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself. :)

xoxo

Gettin' dirty ... yet staying clean! :)

No Comments Yet.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.